Three Memberships in One
Once you join the Greater Orlando Builders Association (GOBA), you also become a member of the Florida Home Builders Association (FHBA) and the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB). As part of this network, you gain access to a wide range of information, activities and services that will contribute to the success of your business.
GOBA offers member discounts on Continuing Education and Professional Development courses and seminars, GOBA Weekly News advertising, Parade of Homes entry fees, etc. Discounts are also available through Member to Member offers as well as FHBA and NAHB affinity programs.
GOBA Membership gives you access to Florida Home Builders Insurance products through GOBA member agents for Builders Risk and General Liability, Construction Equipment, Business, Auto and Commercial Property.
GOBA Actively monitors local and state legislation and public policy affecting the home building industry. Updated information is available to members though GOBA Weekly News and on our website.
- Phased in and partially delayed school impact fee in Orange County
- Defeated a Charter Amendment that would halt growth in east Orange County
- Amended Orange County directional sign ordinance
- Assisted in streamlining the development and permitting process
- Amended Osceola County Tree Ordinance on residential developments
- Lobbied for an updated Florida Building Code
- Endorsed pro-housing candidates for elected office
- City of Orlando Park Impact Fees
- Orange County school mitigation and capacity enhancement agreements
- Winter Park residential remodel guidelines
- Apopka permit limitations
- Osceola County affordable housing procedures
- Florida Building Code residential fire sprinkler requirements
- Statewide stucco construction concerns
Because of a strong membership, GOBA is able to be successful in regulating activities in the construction industry for the tri-county area. GOBA HARD AT WORK!
2020 Membership CommitteePaul Greenspan, Central Kitchen & Bath (Chair)Kristine Featherstone, Barry Neal CarpetsWes Robbins, Quick Tie SystemsJaneen Swanson, Weathermaster Building ProductsChantel Daniels, Baystone TileSam Boyer, Morgan StanleyStacy Luna, Atlantic BayPam Foley, Central Kitchen & BathChris Eddowes, Water DoctorsSydney Albert, Consult BoomNancy Little, MidFlorida Credit UnionMariana Adams, Fast Signs West OrlandoMary-Alice Fish, Habitat for HumanityMitch Heitsch, Nations RoofMonica Nielsen, Britannia FlooringContact Amanda to be connected to an Ambassador of the Membership Committee