The election of the 2017 Greater Orlando Builders Association Senior Officers and Directors will take place at the association’s annual meeting on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 at 5:30pm. Link to Register.
Following is a summary of what will occur and the rules on how it happens.
- There are three candidates for three Builder Director positions. The two candidates receiving the highest number of votes will receive three-year terms. The candidate who receives the third highest number of votes will receive a two-year term.
- There are six candidates for three Associate Director positions. The two candidates who receive the highest number of votes will receive three-year terms. The candidate who receives the third highest number of votes will receive a one-year term.
- The ASSOCIATE membership (primary members only) will vote to elect the 2017 Associate Vice President.
- The ENTIRE membership (primary members only) will elect the 2017 Secretary.
- Immediately following the Annual Meeting, the 2016 Board of Directors will convene to elect the Vice President and the Treasurer.
- Jeff Schnellmann of Silliman CitySide Homes became the President-Elect at the July Board of Directors meeting and will become the President when he is sworn in at the November 10th Installation & Yearly Awards Dinner.
The Voting Process
Each member company is entitled to one vote in each Director’s race and only the primary member for each company shall be eligible to cast the vote. If you have any question about who is your primary, contact GOBA at (407) 629-9242 to verify the identity of the eligible voter.Online Absentee Voting will take place from Wednesday, October 5th through Wednesday, October 12th. An email will be sent for the primary member to cast their vote. You will only have from October 5-12, 2016 to submit your online absentee vote. Directions for online absentee voting will be noted in the email.
The Nominating Committee have found the following candidates qualified for 2017 Senior Officer and Board of Director positions: