IT'S ELECTION TIME
The election of the 2018 Greater Orlando Builders Association Senior Officers and Directors will take place at the association’s annual meeting on Wednesday, October 17, 2017 at 5:30pm (location TBD).
Following is a summary of what will occur and the rules on how it happens.
- There are two candidates for two Builder Director positions. The two candidates will receive a three-year term.
- There are three candidates for two Associate Director positions. The two candidates who receive the highest number of notes will receive three-year terms.
- The ASSOCIATE membership (primary members only) will vote to elect the 2018 Associate Vice President.
- The ENTIRE membership (primary members only) will elect the 2018 Secretary.
- Immediately following the Annual Meeting, the 2017 Board of Directors will convene to elect the Vice President and the Treasurer.
- Bill Silliman of Silliman CitySide Homes became the President-Elect at the May Board of Directors meeting and will become the President when he is sworn in at the November 2nd Installation & Yearly Awards Dinner.
The Voting Process
Each member company is entitled to one vote in each Director’s race and only the primary member for each company shall be eligible to cast the vote. If you have any question about who is your primary, contact GOBA at (407) 629-9242 to verify the identity of the eligible voter.
Online Absentee Voting will take place from Monday, October 9th through Friday, October 13th. An email will be sent for the primary member to cast their vote. You will only have from October 9-13, 2016 to submit your online absentee vote. Directions for online absentee voting will be noted in the email.
The Nominating Committee have found the following candidates qualified for 2016 Senior Officer and Board of Director positions:
BYLAWS CHANGE RECOMMENDATION
TO BE BE VOTED UPON BY THE PRIMARY MEMBERS DURING THE ANNUAL MEETING OF THE MEMBERSHIP
As GOBA moves into a new era of advocacy for builders and trades alike, it became obvious that it was also time to streamline the organizational structure to better meet those challenges. In June, 2017, at the direction of the GOBA Board of Directors, President Schnellmann appointed a high level Task Force to bring back recommendations, to the Board, for a new leadership model that would position GOBA to serve our membership at the highest level possible now and in the foreseeable future.
In mid-August 2017, this Task Force presented its findings to the Board, along with the requisite bylaw changes required if adopted. The Board of Directors unanimously adopted those recommendations and attached find the Bylaw changes required to implement to Board recommendation.
Simply put, the adopted recommendation calls for a streamlined Leadership ladder whereby all leadership positions are open to both Builders and Associates alike. In addition, the recommendations also outline, in the policy and procedures manual, the requisite leadership qualities, skill sets, prior experience, etc. necessary to qualify for these leadership positions.
Once adopted by our membership, the above changes will better allow GOBA to utilize all the resources of our membership and continue to make GOBA event more relevant in the marketplace.